There are many ways in which you can volunteer…
- Contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org to help out with food rescue efforts in this time of COVID-19. Needs are:
- help with Nourish community food buying club sorting of foods and packaging of family grocery orders
- support our partners at Feed Evansville as they distribute USDA produce and dairy boxes at Hartke Pool (Swonder) on Mondays from 10 – 5
- Sign up to be added to our volunteer Gleaner phone tree. Gleaning is the harvest of extra produce so it can be shared with organizations and agencies to provide that locally grown goodness to our community. Gleaning prevents food waste. No training is required, just a willing heart, a strong back, and sturdy shoes!
- Contribute articles related to vibrant, local foods systems, either from our own community or as an example of successful efforts in another city
- Take photos of Urban Seeds participating in community events
- Attend cooking demonstrations as a sous chef