There are many ways in which you can volunteer…
We’re adding a SignUpGenius link here for specific events. First up is our Kid’s vegetable planting event in celebration of Earth Day — Saturday, April 24th from 8 AM – 2 PM.
For General volunteer opportunities:
- Contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org to help out with food rescue efforts in this time of COVID-19. Needs are:
- help with Nourish community food buying club sorting of foods and packaging of family grocery orders every other Thursday morning
- Sign up to be added to our volunteer Gleaner phone tree. Gleaning is the harvest of extra produce so it can be shared with organizations and agencies to provide that locally grown goodness to our community. Gleaning prevents food waste. No training is required, just a willing heart, a strong back, and sturdy shoes!
- Provide legal oversight as an attorney, as needed
- Provide graphic design support, as needed
- Help us in the kitchen for our Book n’ Cook events
- Help us in the kitchen for our community Soup Share Spectacular events
- Contribute articles related to vibrant, local foods systems, either from our own community or as an example of successful efforts in another city
- As Covid restrictions are lifted allowing us to gather safely, we’d love for you to take photos of Urban Seeds participating in community events, or
- Attend cooking demonstrations as a sous chef