This treat is truly delicious — not too sweet and quite nutritious!
- ¾ C Raw Almonds
- ½ C gluten free oats
- ½ C Vegan Mini Dark Chocolate Chips divided
- 10 Pitted Medjool Dates soaked hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- ¾ C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs Raw Cacao Powder
- ¼ C almond flour or meal
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil unrefined, melted
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8” x 8” (20cm x 20cm) baking pan with parchment paper. Clip the sides secure.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350F (180C). Toast almonds for about 15 minutes or until toasty and fragrant while the oven is preheating (you’ll no longer need the oven). Rough-chop. Reserve 2 Tbs in a small bowl and then add the rest to a large mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the oats. Process until a fine meal/flour is formed. Toss into the large mixing bowl, and then add the dark chocolate chips, reserving 2 Tbs along with the chopped almonds in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the dates, coconut, cacao powder, almond flour, salt, coconut oil, and extract. Process until smooth. Add mixture to the large mixing bowl and use your hands to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Press firmly into an 8×8 parchment-lined baking pan. Sprinkle the almond chocolate chip mixture over the top and gently press. For easier cutting, freeze for at least 20 minutes.
Cut into twenty 1 ½” x 2” (3.8cm x 5 cm) or 16 equal pieces. Store in a lidded container, in the refrigerator, for up to one month.