Roasted beet hummus wrapped in lettuce or romaine leaves
Serves 6, as an appetizer
• 1 pound roasted beets, chunked
• 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
• 3 cloves garlic (less or more, to taste)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 – 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons tahini
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• Salt and pepper
1. Peel and chunk the beets, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake at 350 for ~ 20 minutes, until a fork inserts with ease. Allow to cool.
2. Blend everything together in a food processer! Viola! You’ve made hummus!
3. Wrap into a butter lettuce or romaine leaf. (or smear onto a tortilla or pita bread, or dip sliced veggies right in!).