¾ cup sweet-cream butter, softened
1 ½ cup cane sugar
1 ½ cup mashed very ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 cp flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup organic, whole-milk vanilla yogurt
½ cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Cream butter and sugar until it’s as smooth as it looks like it’s going to get. It will still seem a bit lumpy. No worries.
2. Mix in the eggs.
3. Add vanilla and bananas.
4. Sift together flour and baking soda into a separate bowl.
5. Alternately add the dry sifted mixture with the yogurt into the butter/sugar mixture.
6. Pour into 2 buttered glass bread pans. Bake at 350 for 45-ish minutes, then begin checking for doneness. Until a toothpick inserted into the center pulls back clean, keep baking with a piece of foil draped loosely over the top to prevent over-baking of the outer layer. I also bake these in a mini-loaf pan or into a muffin pan.
7. Once cool, this bread freezes and thaws out beautifully. Smear with peanut or almond butter, and you’ve got a fabulous tasting and very healthy snack filled with protein, good fat, and energy-producing carbs! Yum!