The new Community Bulk Food Buying Club seeks a part-time Coordinator for this pilot program.
Please indicate your interest by emailing your resume with three references and a cover letter in which an essay explaining your perspective on food insecurity in Vanderburgh County. The essay response itself should be no longer that one page.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Under general supervision from representatives from Urban Seeds, Healthy Community Partnership, and the Promise Zone, collaborates to plan, organize and distribute the Community Bulk Food Buy Club (CBFBC) program from its distribution center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Duties will include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage volunteers in an effective and thoughtful manner
- Demonstrates proficiency with Excel and online food ordering/management system
- Demonstrates ability to solicit feedback from consumers including food selection preferences and ability to alter orders accordingly.
- Present information in a public speaking setting to highlight CBFBC program within community
- Facilitate and participate in cooking demos and nutrition education classes
- Facilitate quarterly member and partner agency satisfaction survey
- Demonstrates ability to operate portable EBT machine
- Proficient in aggregation/sorting/packing of food boxes
- Demonstrates proficient record keeping and reporting
- Demonstrates proficient time management skills and prioritization
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Education and Experience
- GED or high school diploma
- Participation in the Trauma Informed Nutrition Care & Education training, September 2019
- Must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License and proof of current auto insurance, verified annually
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Required to take and pass the ServSafe Food Handlers online training program.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information, and respond to questions from all customers in a polite and professional manner utilizing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent Spanish preferred
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form to establish priorities.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: This job requires computer and system competency.
- Must be able to enter data, retrieve data, and use and analyze data.
- The ability to learn and use EXCEL and online food ordering/management system essential.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee will be required to move or lift up to 40 pounds.